Supported independent living (SIL) providers are professionals committed to supporting people with disabilities to live as independently as possible. At EaseCare, we understand that being able to live independently is important and that it is something that will take some time to adjust to. For this reason, EaseCare is happy to support you so you can live independently in the comfort of your home or shared accommodation.
Our SIL services are recommended for people with a disability who need extra support in living their daily lives. This means people who require care 24/7. At EaseCare, we will also provide you with tailored support to help improve your independent living skills.
With EaseCare supported independent living services in Melbourne, you can:
- Receive support so you can live on your own, and
- Receive support so you can develop skills to live on your own
You can choose to receive your SIL service:
- Everyday (24/7)
- Or however you need it
What Does SIL Cover?
Our SIL providers at EaseCare are committed to help you with your daily activities, such as cooking meals or personal care. Any activities that you need to do in order to function well at home is included in our SIL NDIS support service.
Examples of support you can receive from our tailored SIL service:
- Personal care tasks
- Independent living skills building
- Meal preparation
- Building a routine
- Behaviour support plans
- Social skills development
- Supervision, personal safety, and security
- Medical appointments and giving you your medication
- Going to and from community access activities
Do I Have to Live on My Own?
The answer is – only if you want to.
You can receive SIL support if you live in shared housing, too.
- If you want to live with other NDIS participants and share your SIL support with them, that can be arranged.
- If you want to live in shared housing specially designed for people with disabilities, you can still receive SIL support.
- If you want to live on your own, you can also receive SIL support.
There are many types of NDIS support – so depending on your needs, you may be more suitable to receive other types of support. Your needs and wants are important to us, so let’s discuss how we can best support you.